1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People in my office suck

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pilot, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That is awesome. At my last gig, this one huge woman took pride in having tried every single thing in the vending machine, and being able to tell you about every kind of candy bar that she'd ever had.

I'll never forgot how excited she was the first time she saw that new Butterfinger thing. (Butterfinger crisp, maybe .... something like that) It was like the best day of her life.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My wife works with a woman who is much like the chick FH describes. I've seen the shit this chick eats for lunch. Two chicken sandwiches, two orders of onion rings, dessert and a big ass Coke.

It's amazing.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You can fit alot of shit in a plastic bag.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

One editor not only was morbidly obese, but she seemed to defend the philosophy as if it were a religion. Any restaurant closure in the town was like a personal affront. Once there was a wire story about obesity serving as protection from a broken hip after a fall. You guessed it -- A1, no questions asked.

There is now a monument to this fucktard who eventually ate herself to death.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

One of my former co-workers on this site hopefully can vouch for me, but I think she broke at least one chair in the office.

She'd lean back in that poor chair just tempting gravity. Contemplating how she'd construct the lead into her staff report (i.e. not bylined article).

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Was she a "I'll have the triple Whooper, extra fries and umm.... umm.... diet coke, please?"

I LOVE those people.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Can't you put on your faux-concerned voice and ask him what's wrong, how long he's had the cough, if he's ill, etc. and suggest he get some Robitussin or some fucking thing. Then bring some in.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Pilot, sounds like the dude spends a lot of his (getting) off hours wrapped deep inside a bong. Frequent and repeated bong usage can definitely cause one of those deep, in the chest cavity, coughs. Or so i have heard.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No diet Coke. Just all-out fat and lots of it.

10. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

You sure it wasn't Diet Coke? Dammit, maybe I should have read the whole thing first.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't have "faux-concerned." I'm just going to bottle it up, then unload on him in about a week if he's still teetering near the grave. Really, my boss has tried though. She bought him cough drops twice, then left them on his desk and keeps asking him about it, but I don't think she's allowed to actually say "Take care of this medical problem" ... or at least she doesn't think she's allowed to. Maybe one of us doesn't understand the situation fully, but that's the impression I got. But as for telling him any more directly or buying him anything else, I'm just not sure the message could be sent any more directly than it already has.

I really don't hate working with the guy. I mean, some of the crap he writes and pictures he takes and uses I'll treasure forever (for how terrible they are). Listening to him do an interview is priceless. I'm picking up quality tales that will last me a lifetime every day I'm around him, but Lord, the cough has to go or someone's going to get hurt.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Think the soap scene from Full Metal Jacket. He'll get the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted