1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People and their dogs ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doctorquant, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I was sitting my desk one night, in an enclosed cubicle, and nobody else was around anywhere, and apparently someone came in with an unleashed dog, which was running around on its own, big and furry at about 60 pounds, and apparently real friendly and likes to slobber all over strangers, because I was sitting there with music cranked up, oblivious to anything since I was working alone in a cubicle, and all of a sudden this thing jumps me from behind my left shoulder.

I thought I was being attacked. The dog was excited and huffing and drooling and almost came over my shoulder onto my desk. I think I yelled and jumped up, and then all I saw was a furball and a tail running off to its next adventure, and then it was around two corners and was gone. All in a matter of 5 seconds. At that point I was fine, hey it's just a dog, though my heart was in my throat, and when I looked out into the cube farm of high walls, the dog and owner were lost in the maze.

Hey it's just a dog, so I didn't care about running after the owner. But it sure was crazy there for a moment.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

There's no bigger dog lover than me but I actually agree here. Some places, you don't bring your dog. I'd love to bring her to work (we're not pet friendly but some would like us to be) but I get that some people don't like dogs, some are allergic to dogs, etc. So no. I've taken her to Pups in the Park twice, but that doesn't give you run of the stadium. At least in DC, they have very specific rules about where the dog can be and all that.

She was on the beach with us a lot during our vacation but she didn't go out to dinner with us. There's a dog friendly bar not far away that sponsors a Yappy Hour and has a dog playpark set up outside. But a regular bar? No way.

I also hate walking by stores or whatnot and seeing dogs tied up outside. How about you just leave the dog at home? Ella and I walk 4-6 miles every day, which is good for me and for her. She doesn't need to come with me when I run to the post office or the corner store.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    Flash, Ace, Vombatus and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Dogs class up D.C.

Also, the women with the big dogs. Substitute boyfriends.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dogs are MUCH MUCH better than boyfriends or girlfriends!!

Flash likes this.
  5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You, sir, made my day.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. I feel the same way about my kids! (rimshot)

doctorquant and cranberry like this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Moddy, Jesus H Christ. In the future, I wish you far better luck on Tinder.

Ace likes this.
  8. Flash

Flash Active Member

People suck.

FileNotFound and Moderator1 like this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Flash!

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Once a week during an evening, I'll take Tutti (on my shoulder) and Zeke (1/2 pug, 1/2 chiauaua) out to the golf course. I'll go out and chip and putt around the practice green......they run all over hell and half of Texas, but don't mess with anyone.
    Then if there's anyone else out there, we'll go over to my shed and have a few beers, and they'll just sit there minding their own.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

And in a shocking announcement, Moddy reveals that he hasn't been laid since Roosevelt was President.......THE FIRST ONE.

I KEED! I KEED!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks. Now I am picturing Moddy and Eleanor Roosevelt.

Draft saved Draft deleted