1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pennsylvania pick-'em

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 14, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Bishop McDevitt in Harrisburg had much the same experience as that. McDevitt, a AA school, was "forced" to play AAAA in football or else drop down a division in the Mid-Penn Conference. Not too much complaint from the locals on that; McDevitt is a big-time football program.

Girls' AA: York Catholic wins its third straight state title, beating Northern Cambria 52-40. Next up: Boys' A at 2:15.

2. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

My favorite McDevitt story was at a boys hoops tournament several years ago. They were in the loseres bracket and didn't want to send their varsity team back for the final game of the tournament -- sending their JV team instead. The other coach was pissed.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This year, I think they would have sent the 4-20 varsity. ;)

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Boys' A: Serra Catholic, down 12 with six minutes left to a much quicker Freire Charter team, wills itself to a 67-66 victory. Patt Grubbs (6-8, 300): 31 points, 13 boards.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That was a great comeback. I thought for sure Serra was dead in the water, but Charter didn't play smart at all down the stretch.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sure showed a lot more "wanna" than in the football final, where they were finished after about five minutes.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm 2-0 so far. What will I win?

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"That's Me In The Shadows, Doing Nothing," PIAA executive director Brad Cashman's autobiography. Available at Borders now.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is it autographed?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

No. That devalues the book.

11. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

It was school decision back when my alma mater bumped to AA to avoid Elk CC in single-A. (Didn't work; they still didn't make it out of districts that year.)

And that book is an instant best-seller, Sir Shot.

Tough to pick against either Strawberry Mansion or Steel-High, which absolutely smoked the local team last week.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Girls' AAAA: Central Dauphin trails throughout before holding Mount Lebanon scoreless for nearly six minutes spanning the third and fourth quarters, wins 56-49. CD goes 16-for-16 from line in fourth quarter, overcomes lousy shooting night by superstar Alyssa Thomas.

Draft saved Draft deleted