1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State fans...nothin but class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Nice generalization .. That, while it may be your experience, is way off base.

Of course I didn't get that memo at our last I Tappa Keg meeting announcing our turn from date-raping preppies to punk.

Thanks. Really.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Wise decision. My brother is a Cowboys fan, so I gave him my lower-bowl seats for the Monday Night game. I also told him I was not responsible for his safety if he showed up wearing an Emmitt Smith jersey.

And that pales in comparison to the abuse heaped on Dolphins fans here. Of course, we've had the same thing happen on trips down there - drunken, #13-clad asshats dumping beer on a 10-year-old boy wearing a Kelly jersey, then swinging at the kid's father when he took offense, in one instance - but again, two wrongs don't make a right. Bills are trying to clean up the in-stadium stuff, beefing up security and installing a gameday hotline. The parking lots remain a major problem, though.

Sure you still want us, Toronto?
    [/threadjack]

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pseudo,

Nope. But thanks for the offer. :)

It's that idiot Paul Godfrey who's been on this NFL in Toronto thing for over 20 years.

Sorry, but as much as the NFL is the be-all and end-all, I'd rather watch a Grey Cup over a Super Bowl any day.

My brother in law--a huge football fan--used to go to Bills games regularly but stopped a number of years ago because of the drunken idiots.

BTW, are Sabres tickets available or are they sold out like the Maple Laffs?

4. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

In no way am I going to defend any idiots that make their way to Bills games, but I went to a Buffalo game at Miami about six-seven years ago and the lunatic announcers on the postgame radio show were defending the Dolphins fans throwing beer at the Bills fans.

I never thought I'd ever look into seats in the "Family Section" at stadiums, but there is no way I'm taking my kids to any football-beer combination.

But, it does happen both ways. I've sat in the "Skid Row" section at Ralph Wilson Stadium (in the end zone), joking with Broncos fans and there was never a problem.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

We'll see if they are. I'm doubting it.

6. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I tailgate with plenty of drunks, but thankfully few idiots. I think it's the one-timers, not the season-ticket holders, who get stupid - they don't have to worry about the threat of having their account suspended.
    Something I found interesting when scanning the police reports from the Dallas game - approximately half the offenders gave Canadian addresses. Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

As for Sabres tix, you'll have to check individual games: http://sabres.nhl.com/tickets/individual.htm

We were stunned when a Leafs game didn't sell out a couple of weeks ago - guess everyone assumed those tickets were long gone, so they didn't bother looking. There are still some available for their next visit on November 9th; just pulled up 2 in the 200 level on that link. ($200 per - big coin for down here, although probably not so much when compared to the ACC. If you could get tix to the ACC...)

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And since US$200 is about Cdn$12 nowadays, it'll be kinda cheap.

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

:D
    I wanted to get a picture of that "US Dollar At Par" sign when I was up there last week, but couldn't remember where I'd seen it on the previous trip...

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah, that inferior, gimmick-oriented (wider field, forward motion at the snap, etc) game is so much better to watch. :)

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I thought the Big Ten had commercials that were supposed to stop this kind of thing.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Scoreboard, Penn State.

And hopefully scoreboard again this week. Purdue has a good chance to go in there and steal one.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Who cares, Penn State's already eligible for the Sunset District Meatpacking Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted