1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penn State fans...nothin but class

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sabrefan, Oct 31, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

As a Penn State alum...
    May those douches who did it be severely punished.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, it is not the same area. Penn State is two and a half hours away from Pittsburgh and that's a mob of drunk assholes rather than one moron who should have never been allowed to become a teacher in the first place.

Penn State does draw a lot of students from Pittsburgh, but something happens to them as they go through all the cow pastures to get there. :)

3. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

alcohol mixed with daddy's money, a sense of entitlement and those ridiculous swoop-over bangs, the frat-boy equivelant of a middle-aged combover.
    It also helps that there 100 or so Penn State fratties and only 2-3 Ohio State fans. Punks are always more brave in a crowd. One on one? Not so tough.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Yeah, I was actually going to give them their dues about 1994, but didn't because of the jack-assery of the video.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wow, ever been to a parking lot outside any NFL stadium?

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

My friend, a Bengals fan, vows never to go to another Bills game in Buffalo. He said it was the worst experience he's ever had.

Figures the only way he survived was because his wife is hot and just as sweet as can be.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Penn State Proud, brother.

Yeah, the same thing happens elsewhere. TSP's correct about overboard NFL tailgating, too; and Inky, I've seen enough in the lots at the Ralph to have no problem believing your friend's story. (Please send him an apology from all of us Bills fans who don't act like that, will you? Thanks.)

Still doesn't excuse this.

8. might not be the most politically correct thing to say, but i kind of wish the Ohio st fan was packing heat. seriously.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You stay classy State College.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

As a Dolphins fan, I have not gone near that place since 1995 and the only reason why I went was because I knew it was Shula's swan song.
    Alcohol, no duh, is the main reason why this crap happens.
    There was a story a few years back about Bills fans antics, a guy who pissed into a church group's tailgate buffet and the Tommy Salami incident, a couple having sex in the upper deck.
    Stay classy Buffalo.

11. Would it be possible to avoid lumping ALL frat boy-types in with this group of losers?

While I'm not even sure these are all frat boys involved, not all greek organiations are beer-swilling rich-kid punks.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't. All frat kids are punks.

Draft saved Draft deleted