1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penmanship

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flip Wilson, Jul 10, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Moddy rules.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

After reading some of the replies, I tried writing in cursive what I've been writing in all these cards to the freshmen. It was pitiful. While it was somewhat legible, it looked like it was written by someone who just learned cursive.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

During Catholic elementary school, I had good grades in everything except penmanship - I usually failed penmanship. I have seen samples of my writing in fifth grade... it was completely illegible. I had a nun who had to be at least 75 in third and fourth grade, and even though I sometimes caused trouble in school (although not with her) she would always be good to me. I think she thought I was really smart so I got away with bad penmanship.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

On two or three occasions, I've actually had players look at my notes, grab my notebook, turn it around and try to read it. They couldn't, nor can any of my fellow scribes, until I walk them through it.

Still, no one's ever said I misquoted them [knock on wood].

But, yes, even when I have time, if I'm just watching a game for a future feature and making observations, my handwriting still looks like some kind of byzantine secret code.

5. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted