1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pelosi is off to a great start in her new job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stretch15, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/ap_on_go_co/congress_leaders_43

That has to give Pelosi all the confidence in the world...what a way to start.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This was actually the smartest move. Much less divisive than naming Murtha to the post.

3. Hey, she got elected unanimously.
    Nothing's going to happen in the House that she doesn't want to happen. So Steny Hoyer gets the big office and Jack Murtha continues to be right on the most serious issue of the day.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

But for the right price you can have Murtha on the less serious issues?

5. Frankly, being right on Iraq and putting an end to that clusterfuck outweighs whatever he may or may not have done elsewhere, yes. And there will be a functioning Ethics committee in the House for the first time in about six years so, yeah, I'll make that trade.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Um, Pelosi does not become speaker until after the new year.

7. Don't you dare bring facts into this discussion!

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I must have missed the part where John Murtha inherited war powers from the President of the United States.

9. I must have missed the part where I argued that, along with that part of the Constitution that says that every member of Congress must refrain from pointing out that the president is a feckless dunce with blood on his hands.
    Also, is it time yet to point out that, in 1995, Tom Delay was elected Majority Whip over the candidate supported by Definer of Civilization Newt Gingrich?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, that ended up working out pretty well, huh? :D

11. Palomino!

PALOMINO!

PALOMINO!

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Don't you mean nothing else?

Draft saved Draft deleted