1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pegasus News (Dallas/Fort Worth)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Diabeetus, Aug 14, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Was Highland Park the school involved in that crazy six-touchdowns-on-six-onside-kicks deal?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I saw the video from that, but I can't remember who was involved. I think this paper should cover Plano and no one but Plano, because they were so damn good back in the day.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's all right, that's okay; you'll all work for us some day.

4. itty bitty baby?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Plano East vs. John Tyler, 1994. Great Gosh Almighty Joe Friday!

6. dargan

dargan Active Member

That was a crazy game, one of the craziest in the history of Texas high school football. But I don't think it involved touchdowns scored directly off six consecutive onside kicks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but I thought JT went into the fourth leading, I think, 41-18, and Plano East came back somehow to take a 44-41 lead with, what, 11 seconds left? Then the JT kick returner took it to the house right after the East radio guy said "break out the Oreos" in celebration.

David Warren, Florida State defensive end, was JT's beast. As was Marc Broyles, who played FB at Texas A&M.

Now that I look back on the question, this probably is the game. I just misread the question when I read it the other day.

7. redsox99

redsox99 Member

Highland Park, also the school that somehow got photos of former Ennis QB (now Texas Tech QB) Graham Harrell's mom and made MILF posters when they met in a playoff game a couple of years back.

Draft saved Draft deleted