1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peek says peekaboo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 7, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So roughly two weeks I read a couple, three grafs in a technology notebook in the paper on an e-mail device called Peek.
    It has been out for a couple of years and looks like a smartphone, but all it does is e-mail and text.
    This is the first I have heard of this device.
    Now about the only Web site I go to that doesn't have a banner ad for Peek is here and by typing that, google ads will probably plug in a Peek ad.
    The device sounds intriguing because the machine is very cheap — roughly fifteen bucks — and the monthly service is also fairly cheap at around ten bucks. It would still be a colossal waste of money since my phone can do all the same things.
    But it made me curious, does anyone here have one or know anyone that does?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Probably good for grandfolks to communicate with their grandkids. As cheap as it is, it's probably worth it for that. Otherwise, all but useless for most of us except for those who are still wedded to their bag phones.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Can you access it through your Jitterbug phone?

Draft saved Draft deleted