1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pedro Martinez: I didn't need steroids to dominate.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Feb 15, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Just got done reading it right before you posted it. Great stuff.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I love hearing a guy who goes 5-6 innings max talk about he he dominated an era.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Perhaps you missed the mid 1990s, when Pedro Martinez routinely went seven, eight, nine innings and was untouchable.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I apologize b/c I didn't read the article, but when I see the quote in the headline, I give it less than a 50% chance that he never used PEDs.

As we've seen COUNTLESS times, athletes are baldfaced liars, and don't speak the truth until absolutely backed into a corner with no way out.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Dude... shut your mouth.... You are shitting all over the place....

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Where was the cockfighting/Vick sidebar?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you, hockeybeat.

hondo, at least try to have some clue what the hell you are talking about before posting.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

11. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Just to piggyback on what HB wrote, the game has changed drastically in recent years. Pitchers just don't go deep into games. Hell, the 2007 World Series champion Red Sox had five complete games as a team. No pitcher had more than one last season for them.

During Pedro's seven seasons with Boston (1998-2004) he had 22 complete games. All other Sox pitchers during that time combined for 13 complete games. Before coming to Boston, Martinez had 13 complete games in 1997 alone for Montreal.

Other than those facts, your point is strong Hondo.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He may not have used steroids but damn, he has gained about 30 pounds.....in his face!

Draft saved Draft deleted