1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Everytime I hear Last Kiss, I want to tie bricks to my ankles and go for a swim

2. The Basement

The Basement Member

Eddie Vedder should do us a favor and give that a shot.
    seriously.
    to anyone who has missed them: don't feel bad. and dont feel like you need to catch up.
    granted - musical tastes vary from person to person...and I know on this board in particular i'm a minority in saying this...but pearl jam? :p

3. waterboy

waterboy Member

One of their worst songs. And one of their most-played.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

I don't think it's a bad song. Eddie Vedder's vocal on "Last Kiss" is great...of course, when it comes to rock singers, he's right at the top with Robert Plant and Roger Daltry.
    I would love to hear him sing out of a rock context...like doing a old school soul record with horns or some sort of techno thing. That would be damn interesting.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Have you ever heard Eddie sing with the Doors when the band was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame? Those are some great covers.

6. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I downloaded the other new song out, Unemployable: Their best song in years. I liked it on first listen, which isn't often the case.

7. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

greatest pearl jam cover song of all time: let my love open the door, soldier field 7-11-95. credit to interstellar overdrive.

to quote denis leary: "end of fucking list."

for the true pearl jam geek, top 6 boots:

4-3-94 atlanta
    7-11-95 soldier field
    4-12-94 boston
    jones beach '00 #41
    06-06-03 vegas
    7-11-03 boston

greatest ed quote of all time (i'm biased): 06-25-03 detroit, before elderly woman "this one's for kalamazoo, 1 2 3 4 2 3 i seem to recognize your face..."

greatest cities to see a pj show: vegas, boston, detroit

8. waterboy

waterboy Member

No accounting for taste. I like almost everything PJ has done, but "Unemployable" was unlistenable.

There's a snippet on iTunes, in case anyone's interested. It's the B-side to "World Wide Suicide." A strange choice, considering it's also on the album.

9. letshugitout

letshugitout Member

boot: 9-11-98 and 4-30-03

10. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Not even the best cover of THAT SHOW. That would be Everyday People.

11. letshugitout

letshugitout Member

Great show, but I would take Randalls Island 96- night 2 over Chicago 95

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

With all this bootleg talk, you guys are as scary as advertised.

When I started collecting bootlegs for a couple of my favorite bands (not including Pearl Jam), a friend noted that "Pearl jam fans can tell you exactly what show, where had the best version of "Even Flow." It's scary."

Indeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted