1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I recently went to Colorado to see some friends who had tickets for Pearl Jam/Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Great show at Pepsi Center. Both bands contributed to songs by the other.

As for the PJ top 5 songs, for me it is:

Rearview Mirror
    Wishlist
    In Hiding
    Black
    Immortality

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Not the biggest PJ fan out there (although "Spin the Black Circle" will always have a place in my iPod but their new album is fucking amazing. I've had it in heavy, heavy rotation for a few weeks now and I can't remember the last time I did that with a new album. Have gone into the wife's CD collection for the two-disc Rearviewmirror to get reacquainted weith some of their older stuff.

I liked the RS cover story (although in the good, old days they would have had a story the same size as the James Brown one in that issue) even if the cover pic sucked in comparison to the band one inside.

3. Yeah, I've really been groovin to the new album, Yield and Riot Act these days. I can't stop playing In Hiding really loud in my car.

4. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

No Code, 5-star.
    Yield, 5-star.
    Binaural, 4.5-star.
    Avocado/Self-Titled, 4.5-star.
    Vs., 4-star.
    Ten, 4-star.
    Vitalogy, 3-star.

Riot Act, 1-star. Sadly the only one I dislike so far.
    November will be 6 years since it's release and still can't get into it. :(

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Jeremy went LOL! in class today.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It had to beat being at home drawing pictures of mountain tops.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Lucky bastards. I tried to get tickets to his acoustic show in Hartford and Chicago and both were sold out in 10 minutes.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Went to the Boston show .... really, really good stuff. Just an amazing talent all around. Now all I need is a Fenway performance, which I don't think is too far into the future.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A 2-year LOL followed by a 3-year LOL.

If only our predecessors hadn't have wilted in the face of limited internet storage ... Think of the possibilities.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I saw two shows on his last solo tour. Fantastic stuff. I wish he'd put out some bootlegs like the band does.

12. About ready to head to solo show tonight in Minneapolis. I went to four solo shows last tour...just one this time around. Twins game tomorrow. I love vacation.

Draft saved Draft deleted