1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pearl Jam fans?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flash, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Ten has always been one of my all-time favourite CDs. And, I must not be the only one, because I've had it stolen twice during parties I hosted in college. I have officially bought the CD three times. Oh, and I owned it on cassette when it first came out.

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Dirty Frank is an aweful song. I was never a fan of Nothingman either, but it's a decent song, just not my taste.
    I love Black because the contrasting feelings in it. It goes from somewhat happy to dark in .02 and then back again after the chorus. And the climax at the end is great.
    Trying to pick the top 5 PJ songs though is like trying to pick between going home with Scarlett Johansson and Ashley Judd....IMHO.

3. There's just no way I could name my five favorite PJ songs. Be like trying to name my favorite kid - if I had more than one.

But yes, Last Kiss is the worst ever. Heard it first in concert and thought it was good. Radio picked it up a few days later and by the end of the week I absolutely hated it.

4. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Last Kiss is bad because it's just so blah. How it became one of their most popular songs I have no idea. I guess it could be just because it's Eddie Vedder singing with his amazing voice in front of a set of the same three chords over and over. I read an interview online somewhere that when they recorded it they didn't give it much thought that it'd be one of their biggest hits at the time.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

To be fair, they recorded Yellow Ledbetter in much the same way -- one take and release it as a fan club single.

And Last Kiss is popular because Eddie's voice lends the right amount of haunting to a grisly song that was originally recorded as a pop song.

And it is their biggest radio hit, which is, shall we say, odd.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Elderly Woman
    Elderly Woman
    Elderly Woman
    Porch
    Garden

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Immortality
    Nothingman
    Off He Goes
    Garden
    Rearview Mirror

8. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

I've only seen them a few times but their new live dvd from their recent italy shows is pretty sweet. it's available on netflix. great behind-the-scenes stuff, too.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

As an update ... thanks, y'all.

Some Pearl Jams are in regular rotation on my MP3 now. Currently digging Even Flow.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Here's a fun game for you, then, flasher.

Download some live tracks of Even Flow and listed to Eddie fuck up the words.

He hasn't gotten them right since some time in 1995, I think.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ohh, eyo zama dama do, Operaman's a big Pearl Jam fan-o. Ohh, heyo, zeeba dooba da, Eddie Vedder's even better looking in person-o. Ohh, aaaooo, zubba doba de, I wish he didn't have a girlfriend-o. Ohh, I'm not sayin' I'm gay, I'm just sayin' there comes a time in every man's life when he questions his own sexuality, oh no!

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think that was Milwaukee, 1998. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted