1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Payback is a B@!*#

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cubbiebum, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The punishment didn't remotely fit the crime. He got strung up because a lot of people wanted to make his case an example of something that it wasn't really an example of.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He hasn't been sentenced yet, has he?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd guess there's about 12 jurors that disagree with you.

It might seem harsh if you believe he was just pulling an immature prank, but sometimes your stupid actions have horrible consequences.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

What he did was wrong but I wonder what the "outrage" level would be like if he filmed his roommate having sex with a chick.

6. RickStain

No. But several of those charges were felonies.

But now I'm reading some stories that say he was cleared of some charges, while the first story linked says guilty on all 15. So who knows.

7. RickStain

That's just a generic justification that can be used to justify any sentence for any crime.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the roommate or the chick threw themselves off a bridge afterward, I'd say it would be pretty high on the outrage meter.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. How about this?

You don't want to get found guilty of multiple felonies? Don't post your roommate's business all over the internet.

10. RickStain

That didn't happen.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK, counselor. He tweeted that his roommate was gay and showed the video to people.

He's a creep. India will be poorer for his presence.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You do have a point about us not being outraged enough by the general levels of hatred toward heterosexuals and Christians in this country.

Apparently black churches get the various levels of outrage just right.

Draft saved Draft deleted