1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paula Abdul done with American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Aug 5, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like one guy on WTOP who referenced something from Chris L.'s lust interest Don Rumsfeld:

"American Idol without Paula Abdul is like going hunting without an accordion."

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sober Paula was fine.

High, loopy, arguing-with-Simon Paula won't be missed. Once she started interrupting and constantly hassling Simon the show became really hard to watch. Of course, Kara got more and more obnoxious the more comfortable she got, so I'm not at all sure this is an upgrade.

And I think Seacrest actually does a really good job on that show. That role is harder than it looks and he juggles it remarkably well.

3. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

T
    This was their insurance policy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My problem with Kara is that she can't bottle the answer.

Not only did it screw everything up adding a 4th judge, but she talked twice as long as the rest of them combined.

And PC, as I'm sure you'll agree... AI went from being a tightly-produced show to a trainwreck that annoyingly could not finish on time to save its life. I believe they went 6 minutes over at one point.

5. ScribePharisee

Look, abdul was rumored to be wanting out last year. Kara was the plan because they had to have a diva in case Paula went psycho bitch. She didn't, she bowed out gracefully. I cannot see them having four regular judges.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1. Seacrest is smooth in the role, but I wish there was less obnoxious Simon-slamming. Sometimes it's just too much.

2. I hated Paula. Won't miss her. Will miss questioning her fashion choices.

3. I hate Kara more.

7. ScribePharisee

Simon is the only judge worth a shit.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She was making $2 mil a year, offered $10 mil over three years, she sees Seacrest offered $15 mil a year. I'd expect a little more too if I was the biggest name on the show at the launch.

9. ScribePharisee

Ryan Seacrest is overpaid by a BUNCH.

Except he probably buys a bunch of drinks when he and Randy are out on the town.

Paula? It's the old sexist argument.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Dead. To. Me.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You and Mrs. Babar can have her. :D

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I like the way you think.

Draft saved Draft deleted