1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Pierce ejection

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, May 2, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I have nothing to link to, but the word in Cleveland is that Paul Pierce got nailed for his second technical for telling Wade he was going to, "F#@k his mother like Delonte f#@ked his boy LeBron's." If that is true Paul Pierce becomes one of my favorite players.

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

What does Cleveland have to do with this?

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

just where i heard about it

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

As awesome as that would be, the rumors stem from something supposedly tweeted by Pierce after the game. The post has since been removed -- I think his account got hacked. I don't think Pierce is stupid enough to announce something like that.

I'm looking for a link...

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Wasn't his account hacked previously? He doesn't keep very good passwords if that is the case.

Either way, no matter what he said, that ejection was unwarranted.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Agree.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Figured it was too good to be true.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I figured it was more of an accumulation thing. He was pretty out of control that entire quarter.

9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I just think that it sets a real bad precedent. The league and the ref, in their statement, said it was a "verbal taunt." So let's see how consistent they are with verbal taunts going forward. I know the ref has to stick to his guns, but if he were given a do-over, I think he'd take it.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh, I definitely agree. I'm just saying that if he hadn't kind of, sort of headbutted a guy earlier in the quarter, he probably stays in the game. His earlier actions unfortunately made the ref trigger happy to throw him out, is what I'm saying.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

relax with the rush to 'precedent,' counselor. it doesnt mean a verbal taunt to an opposing player will get you tossed, it's indication that if you act like an a--hole for three quarters-plus and tempers are starting to flare you'll get tossed. not that 'one-and-done' is now the law.

p.s. -- i'm probably mistaken but i thought replays showed there was no head butt?

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

True, there was no real "head butt." Jones played it up nicely, but Pierce deserved a technical there. He lost his cool. The second T was crap. He didn't initiate the contact, he got barreled into. And with the precedent, all I'm saying is that when the series shifts to Boston, the calls should stay consistent.

Draft saved Draft deleted