1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Krugman vs. Steve Forbes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Oct 17, 2011.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Canada is roughly one-tenth the size of the US. So 32 billion works out to 320 billion in US terms.

Canada also did not have a housing bubble. They ran the country in an honest fashion while we ran our housing sector in a way that would shame any third world country. Normally, to start a recovery you cut interest rates and credit and our housing markets take off. But housing and construction are going to stay low for a long time due to the existing inventory.

And for genuine "health care reform". The Republicans in 2001 gained control of the government and also inherited a surplus-they were worried about paying off all the federal government debt- hence the Bush tax cuts. But they did zero about health care.

And the House voted to repeal Obamacare while referring action for a new bill to four committees. Where is their new bill? I might be for it if I saw it. I think the Republican Party is opposed to insuring uninsured people for philosophical grounds I respectfully disagree with.

And Obamacare is modeled on Romneycare in Massachusetts. Why does the Bay State have an unemployment rate lower than the national average?

I am glad you agree though that tax cuts to try to increase the supply of labor in a time of nine percent unemployment is not the answer. And since cutting Steve Forbes taxes is his answer to every problem that he might be out of the loop in the current situation.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You really believe companies are slammed and avoiding hiring to meet their demand because of Obamacare?

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Speaking of economists, I thought this was (relatively) funny.

www.thenation.com/article/163672/charles-koch-friedrich-hayek-use-social-security

Draft saved Draft deleted