1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patty and Selma alive and well

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Sep 8, 2008.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Oh, God. I just sat through 272 pictures (including some videos) of a guy's vacation. He insisted in a description of every single one, including the duplicate shots.

If I grunted or feigned interest in any way (I need him as a contact), he'd stop and offer a much longer commentary.

There were about 25 photos of waves. No people, just waves.

The videos included him diving off a rock multiple times, then his nephew diving off the same rock and a seven-minute walk to the beach, complete with play-by-play in English and Arabic.

During the videos, he'd tell me exactly about what was going to be said in the video. I can't believe I didn't kill him.

Another video, and I wish I could say I'm making this up, was of waves. Again, no people, but with a long commentary, except it was completely in Arabic.

Holy God/Allah. I love digital cameras as much as the next person, but I'm not about to hold someone hostage and make them watch close to 300 photos. Especially when they're that boring. Eight shots of a piece of driftwood.

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Sounds like a hoot. You couldn't just get up and leave?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is his day job as the tour guide of the box factory?

"That's just a TV studio where they film Krusty the Klown and other non-box-related programs. Since it has nothing to do with boxes, I'll just shut these blinds."

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Only your death will give me a bigger smile than this quote just gave me. Well done.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Homer: [to Skinner] Whaddaya mean, you lost him? He might have fallen into one of these machines! [turns]
    Oh, my God: that's his lucky red hat. He's a box! My boy's a box! Damn you, a box!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Start faking an allergy attack...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit like this is why you're not at the P-D, Ace.

You keep pissing people off and ruining your karma.

enjoy agate, bastard!!!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Weird. My co-workers always find my photos of waves to be calming.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

Bless you, sir.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

They're just being nice.

Bet you haven't noticed how many "urgent" phone calls people get during your meetings, have you?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted