1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patterson is sworn in, admits affairs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 17, 2008.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

And how did we miss the latest twist in the sordid McGreevey saga?

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index.ssf?/base/news-13/1205732150247650.xml&coll=1

Today the gay former Gov. confirmed the story and Dina denied it. It can only get better as this divorce goes forward.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2008/03/mcgreevey_confirms_tryst_dina.html

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He took his punchboard to a Day's Inn in Manhattan. Classy.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The New Gov is "legally" blind. He could have been boning Mcgreevey and he would not have known.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why don't we all move to Pa.? The governor there threw snowballs at Santa (and at various members of the Dallas Cowboys) from the 700 level of Veterans Stadium while he was just a lawyer - before he went on to become mayor Philadelphia, then governor.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So he cheated on his wife. Big F'ing deal. We have brave soldiers dying in a war, a myriad of financial problems, and all people can focus on is if someone exchanged bodily fluids with another person who he wasn't married to.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Let's try it in these terms. The man exchanged vows with his wife. He gave his word. I understand that they had a rough patch in their marriage and she cheated, too. But he did not promise to be faithful as long as things went well. That's kind of the spirit of the whole "...for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health..." thing.

I'm not talking about morality here. And from what I have learned so far, I like Patterson. But I'm talking about trust. Shortly after this man was sworn in as the governor of New York, as he made a promise to the citizens of that state, he admitted that he has violated important vows in the past.

I'm probably overstating my case here, but it's not nothing. It matters.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he didn't pay for it.

8. JackS

JackS Member

God, even a blind guy?!?!

Sometimes I think I'm the only man left who can control himself.

Feel free to tell me if I'm the butt of some grand cosmic joke. I can handle it.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

When you're blind, do you care if they're good looking?

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The beard might have tipped him off, in close quarters.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It certainly expands your options.

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Isn't it supposed to be spelled Paterson?

Draft saved Draft deleted