1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patsy Ramsey, don't RIP

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Jun 24, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

"I think people will remember Patsy as being someone who was falsely accused in connection with the death of her daughter when she should be remembered for being an incredibly loving mother, wonderful wife, and person who showed great courage in fighting a vicious disease over the last many years."

She got what she deserved.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Now, there's somebody you don't RIP ... not Aaron Spelling.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't think markvid should issue the sj statement.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Was it that definitive that she was involved where she doesn't get an RIP?

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Has the Boulder Police officially given up trying to solve her daughter's murder or did they ever decide that it was "best left unsolved"?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

O.J. Simpson says he found the real killer.

[​IMG]

7. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Ovarian cancer is a bad way to go, people.

If you think she needs to burn in hell, well, she died painfully. You have that.

If you think she was a victim and you feel sorry for the dad, who now is without his daughter and his wife, you can be mystified at how people enjoy others' misfortune.

I hate to get deep again (I did it on the bulimia thread) but damn. Some of the stuff on here is just amazing ...

EDIT: Mrs. Passy insists Patsy Ramsey covered up the murder to protect her husband. I know I'm in the minorty here,

8. "And so the people we owe the biggest apology to are the Ramseys, Congressman Condit, and O.J. We gave you false hope for finding the person who hurt those close to you, and we're sorry. Now we're just happy we won't have to live a life of secrets. For I knew that even though some of you supported us, some others were looking at me and thinking, 'You're a liar! You're a LIAR!' 'YOU KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU'RE NOT TELLING US, YOU SLIMY SCUMBAG LIAR!!' You know, that's what people would say to me. And then people would see my wife at the supermarket and they would say, 'Hello,' but they'd be thinking, 'Ah, there goes that MURDERER!!' 'YOU GOT AWAY WITH MURDER YOU MURDERING, LYING, WASTE OF LIFE!!' And to me, people might say things like, 'LIAR! TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW YOU GODDAMNED LIAR!!' And so, to both of us, people all over town would be saying things like, KNOW GODDAMN WELL WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR KID, SO STOP ACTING LIKE VICTIMS, AND CONFESS, YOU MURDERING MURDERERS!!' 'CONFESS!!' 'LIAR!! CONFESS!!' You know, and, that's what people would be saying to us, and so, we just had to come forward and tell the truth."

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I concede the point to our esteemed member.

I still find it more distasteful that people would suggest Aaron Spelling's death was a good thing.

10. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

The Aaron Spelling thing was just DyePack poloponies acting like a 12-year-old. Trite.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No one ever said it was a good thing, assbiscuit. Way to take something sarcastic and make it serious.

12. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

poloponies, I know you weren't being literal ... you're still trite. It's been done. How about acting your age now?

Draft saved Draft deleted