1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats' Kaczur the latest with a drug arrest

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

What is happening to my team? Gotta be karma.

Kaczur got busted for prescription drugs. How's this for bad luck? It started when he got stopped for going 76 on the NYS Thruway. Who DOESN'T got 76 on the Thruway?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/06/04/patriot_arrested_then_aids_drug_sting/

Starting New England Patriots offensive lineman Nicholas Kaczur was arrested in April on a charge of illegal possession of prescription painkillers and then secretly cooperated with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration in a sting operation that resulted in the indictment of his alleged drug supplier, according to a lawyer and two people briefed on the investigation.

Kaczur - a 28-year-old, 315-pound offensive tackle - wore a hidden recording device during three different drug transactions in May at gas stations in Foxborough and North Attleborough and a supermarket parking lot in Sharon, according to the lawyer, the two people, and federal court documents. At each of the three transactions, Kaczur paid $3,900 in cash to buy 100 OxyContin pills, a potent prescription pain reliever.

Federal agents arrested the alleged dealer, Daniel Ekasala, moments after the third transaction with Kaczur, said Ekasala's lawyer. He was indicted by a federal grand jury yesterday on three counts of possession of oxycodone (the main ingredient in the prescription drug OxyContin) with intent to distribute. He is due to be arraigned today in federal court.

Kaczur, approached yesterday afternoon by a Globe reporter as he stood on the front porch of his Attleboro home, denied participating in a DEA investigation or buying drugs. He also said he was not familiar with Ekasala.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

What's worse, Nicky getting caught with the goods and turning informant, or his flat-out lie? And did he lie at management's behest?
    Remember your two friends, Nick. No. Comment.

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Punctuating the lie with a "bro" doesn't help, either.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Carmelo Anthony isn't pleased.

5. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

First Spygate. Now Snitchgate. How 'bout them Patriots.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No wonder the Pats won three of four Super Bowls.

They were all hopped-up on hillbilly heroin and felt no pain! :D

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Having been given an Oxy prescription a few years ago after knee surgery, I can completely understand why people get addicted to it. If I hadn't made the mistake of taking one at night and waking up the next morning with nausea, I might've been an addict myself.
    Mrs. T. once received a prescription for Vicodin, but she was too scared of the stuff to actually use it. Damn, what I could've gotten for those unused pills at my house.

Draft saved Draft deleted