1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pats are 24 point favorites against the Jets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 10, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Am I the only one who thinks that number is kind small, considering how good the Pats are and how uninspiring Team Mangini is?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

hockeybeat, nope, I agree. Plus, I can imagine Coach Hoodie wanting to hang 60 or 70 points on the Jets.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He pretty clearly hates Mangini for taking the Jets job. Considering Mangini was the one who ratted him out? I have a feeling that the Pats are going to put an all-time beating on the Jets.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seriously, I'd set the line at about 35-38, keeping in mind that as the playoffs near, Capt. Hoodie will probably yank his starters out a teensy weensy bit earlier, so as not to unduly risk a stupid injury torpedoing their playoff run.

But then again, he might just decide to drop the hammer, in which case you've gotta set it in the 50s.

Remember, the NFL record for points scored and margin of victory is 73-0.

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

60-17, my prediction. Brady might break the record in this game.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Might? He's throwing 5 touchdown passes in this game if he has to stay in until Monday.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How the hell are they going to get 17?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Actually the line started at 27 last night. It's been bet in to 24 today.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

77-0.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

77-10. It will be like one of those Florida Gators scores from back in the day.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. It's what the professionals think it will be. And the line having moved three points already is A LOT.

Draft saved Draft deleted