1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots' wide receiver arrested

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gravehunter, Nov 1, 2011.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman was arrested early this morning after allegedly groping a woman in a Back Bay bar.

http://www.metro.us/boston/local/article/1012256--julian-edelman-arrested-for-halloween-grope-updated

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Damn, I was hoping for Wes Welker and heroin. :D

3. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Edelman was probably hoping for something different as well.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

His groping was about as effective as that of the Pats' secondary in Pittsburgh.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1377699&srvc=rss

I'm starting to wonder if this was driven by the boyfriend, witness, whatever.
    You know how these guys get trying to impress a girl by going after a football player. I wonder if this was an innocent bump that prompted the BF to want to show off for her by wanting to take on a football player.
    At the very least, even if there was a bad touch involved, there's a big difference between Edelman's behavior and Roethlisberger's.

6. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

You have to wonder how this is going to go over with the club. Belichick isn't a huge fan of his players - especially marginal ones - inside "swanky" nightclubs after hours getting into trouble ... even if that trouble is alleged. He was a healthy scratch last week, and he really hasn't seen the field much. I think he's gone soon.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Eh, I don't know about that. How many Patriots fans could even pick Edelman out of a lineup without his number being visible, much less when he's dress as Lt. Dangle. At 5-10, 200 pounds, it's not like his physique screams, "There's an NFL player!"

8. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Best part of the story is that he signed a fan's helmet on his way out of the courthouse. Autograph seeker was really on top of the situation.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He should have pretended to be Brian Hoyer, he would have gotten laid for sure.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bob Kraft also notoriously intolerant of this kind of behavior.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

20 years from now:

Kid: Dad, who is Julian Edelman?

Autograph seeker: He was on the Patriots for a while.

Kid: The Patriots? Wow! How did you get his autograph?

Seeker: Well, er ...

Draft saved Draft deleted