1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patriots latest: P. King on Spygate; Mike Vrabel 'classless'?; Harrison on FSR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Oct 10, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, that cracked me up.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

<crickets chirping>

3. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

All I can say is I love the fact that:

McGwire
    Bonds
    Vick
    Pacman Jones
    Irvin
    Landis
    Armstrong
    Etc
    Etc
    Etc

Need to pay FOREVER and be hounded CONSTANTLY with NEVERENDING stories, but now that the East Coaster's FAVORITE team, the "smart" team has been TOTALLY BUSTED FLAT OUT CHEATING EXTENSIVELY and SYSTEMATICALLY. Well, now it's time to move on.

Evidence destroyed - hey no problem, nothing to see here. Hmm, do you feel the same way about President Bush and Alberto Gonzalez...of course not.

No no no, this story is no longer interesting. We want to railroad the hip stars preferably those with street cred, not our buddies.

I for one am WAY tired of all the "scandal" in sports and have been for a LONG LONG time. Yet, the hypocrisy here is unbearable. Hmm, maybe it is time to drop the BS on all this "scandal" garbage. All I can say is McGwire better get voted in the HOF this year, bc the blatant bias is starting to reek REAL bad & the fans & audience have had enough.

Beyond that, this story was about fundamentally cheating during the actual game in a very meaningful way. So, that has to be addressed or the games are a farce.

Rome called it right, "Bellicheat is a "thug" who isn't nearly as good as you want him to be" (paraphrase). Same guy in Cleavland bro. Or as D-Green would say "he is who we thought he was."

John

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shhhh. i think i hear them.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Naw, Stan ate them. He eats foul, nasty bugs like that.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what kind of bugs? you mean like crickets?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Any bug that annoys peoples. Skeeters, crickets. Anything that makes a lot of noise and really just needs to be squished, Stan eats.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Until . . . . the twelfth of neverrrrrrrrrrr . . . and that's a long, long time . . . "

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

question: who puts quotes around paraphrased words?

answer: fanboys who are so fucking far out of their league, they don't even know when they're being mocked in public ... in fact, some fanboys can be so ignorant, they relish in the fact they're being mocked.

it's sad because it's true.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He lost me after *.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

to which * are you referring?

12. Flash

Flash Guest

That's gross.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014