1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Patrick Roy at it again.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 23, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yesterday, the Quebec Remparts and the Chicoutimi Sagueneens met in the second game of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoffs.
    Roy owns the Remparts. Not coincidentally, Roy's son, Jonathan, is one of the team's goalies.

In the second period, the Remparts were losing 7-1 and all hell broke loose. According to TSN, Patrick may have told Jonathan to fight. The Remparts are wearing the red sweaters.
    http://www.tsn.ca/chl/news_story/?ID=232654&hubname=

And we have video!

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/emptynetters/

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I can't understand a word he said...

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Are all the dressing room doors ok?

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was enlightening. Every other time I have heard French spoken over a video of people fighting fiercely, there were Germans in the video.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was expecting a story about him assaulting a woman. Man, he and Brodeur. Did Terry Sawchuk assault women, too?

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If I remember his bio, Sawchuck mentally abused his wife and children.

I don't recall Brodeur assaulting his ex-wife, though.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Mr. Roy Junior should get booted for the rest of the first round of the playoffs.

If it's proven that his old man egged him on, Patrick should get booted and the Q should fine the team about $25,000.

And it's nice to see nepotism is rampant in the Remparts. Jonathan Roy has a save % of about .880 and a GAA of 3.78--in 69 games according to the Internet Hockey Database.

That would make him a back-up goalie in the OHL

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Quebec will host games three and four of the series. Think there will be some fireworks in those games?

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No he just drank a lot and made his kids hate him.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What a chicken shit asshole. He bolts down the ice, jumps the other goalie when he clearly had no desire to fight, pounds on him for a while and then celebrates like he actually won a big fight instead of a back-alley mugging. What a joke. I hope he enjoys his time in junior hockey because he is clearly not ever going to be playing at a higher level. some low-level team in the Central Hockey league I'm sure will take a flyer on him because of his last name, but that will be about it.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced even a CHL team will consider him. The quality of play in the league is strong enough that stunts aren't necessary to put fans in the stands.

Draft saved Draft deleted