1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Tillman's Birthday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 20, 2006.

1. The Tillman family's not going away.
    http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow.

Waiting for the Cindy Sheehan haters to demonstrate their consistency.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The Cindy Sheehan haters have a little bit bigger fish to fry right now.

Like, saving their jobs.

They are crapping themselves left and right and I never smelt a sweeter smell.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They'll probably show up when the Tillman family shows up in pictures like this.
    [​IMG]

That's powerful, great stuff written by Kevin. Why's it buried in some blog? It should be addressed and reiterated and reiterated.

5. 'Dexter makes a good point, after his idiotic one. (Oh, my. She's hugging Jesse Jackson! Run and hide the children!) It's "buried on a blog" because it's harder than you think to place an Op-Ed this straight in a lot of newspapers, although you'd think Kevin's special circumstances would make it easier.

6. poindexter

You want me to continue to list the reasons why Cindy Sheehan isn't looked at the same way as, say, a Kevin Tillman?

Stay on point with the Tillman stuff.

7. Oh, just wait and see if Kevin Tillman's head comes a little higher over the edge of the trench.
    "He's a drunk."
    "His family is falling apart."
    You're fooling yourself, poin', if you think he's any more immune to swiftboating than she is. (John Murtha anyone?)

8. poindexter

I just re-read the words Tillman wrote. Alot of it can/should be debated intelligently. I don't agree with every word he wrote. But in a country like ours, each point he made should be looked at, debated, discussed.

It won't.

And that's sad.

Edit - I wrote this before I saw your latest point, and agree with you. It's sad that your prediction will be accurate.

9. True 'dat.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Since JR's throwing around labels, which seems to be the only thing he loves more than insulting anyone who disagrees with him, I guess I'm a "Cindy Sheehan hater."

And comparing Sheehan to Tillman is not only an insult to Tillman, it cheapens the points he's trying to make.

Amazing that your thirst for an argument would allow you to try and steer a thread away from an excellent piece that states your case better than you ever could yourself.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Let's see.

Cindy Sheehan lost a son in Fredo's Fuck-Up. Tillman lost his brother.

Both are speaking out against a corrupt administration and those who support him. Tillman may be more eloquent but that's hardly the point.

If you don't see the similarities, you're not paying attention.

And as FB points out, Tillman is about an inch away from being swiftboated.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Tillman is an Army Ranger who fought honorably and now seems interested only in getting his points across, not becoming a celebrity. Cindy Sheehan seems willing to stop at nothing to make sure her 15 minutes don't expire. It has nothing to do with eloquence.

Tillman has credibility. Sheehan has none, for a variety of reasons, none of which I'm particularly interested in rehashing. We've got enough Sheehan threads already as it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted