1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Summit to pull a Bruce Pearl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Feb 26, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I was horrified by the fact her assistant coaches had to grab her thighs.

*shudder*

Side note: Mmmmm Peyton.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Just watched the clip of Pat Summitt being Tennessee's No. 1 fan. For all the self-deprecation she exhibited, the woman has just earned a newfound batch of respect from me.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. Showed a side tonight that I never thought existed.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

One of ESPN.com's writers once wrote a nice story that showed Pat to be very human. Hosting a party for some media members at her place in Knoxville. It wasn't catered ... she was cooking and greeting and being the hub of the party without going on a power trip.

I'm not surprised in the least that Summitt did what she did for the Florida men's game. She's much better than Geno Auriemma, who I've heard has clashed repeatedly with Jim Calhoun in Storrs.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet Geno Auriemma is cheering at...the...UConn...men's...finale...DAMN YOU SAM!!!! :D :D :D

Those two hate each other. Finding someone to root for there is difficult.

Pat Summitt looked pretty good for 54. Good for her for having some fun with this and proving being successful and supportive of other successful coaches at a school do not have to be mutually exclusive endeavors.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It sounded like Geno took a shot at the Rutgers fans a few days ago. Geno is a great coach, but his "me vs. women's college basketball" attitude does rub me the wrong way.

I've always liked Summitt, with flaws and all. Another women's coach I like watching and listening to is Bill Fennelly at Iowa State. He finds way to get his players motivated and overall he's a good guy on and off the court.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

At least Peyton got to see firsthand what it's like to beat Florida.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

and MacDaddy SLAMS IT HOME!!!!

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The Minnie Pearl hat was a nice touch.

(And dropping it on Dickie V's head.)

But my gawd, Pat cannot carry a tune.

Helluva coach however.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Overheard after the game:

"Looked like the same Florida to me. They seemed to score about 76 points on our defense when I played here."

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Which would have been worse, her or Pat Summerall pulling a Bruce Pearl?

Draft saved Draft deleted