1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Passive acceptance of no space?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BB Bobcat, Sep 10, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

As always, we get the upbeat, wholly positive, response from spnited.

But he's right. The team's poor season has reduced its relevance. If you just can't fathom the diehards missing their inside scoop, give it to them on the web and place a little info bar with the story telling people where to go for more coverage.

Of course, it's hard to judge given that we don't know what's filling the rest of the section.

2. I am dazzled by what I perceive to be an almost limitless vista of cheap laughs inherent in this reply.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

4. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Forgiven!

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

C'mon ijag, your standards of forgiveness are a bit lax.

Shirtless Jake, then we talk. ;)

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I look at it this way... depending on the market you're in, MLB still has a higher interest level than a lot of other things being covered (not counting college/pro football).

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't.

In my market (where the MLB team is perpetually out of it, but whatever), baseball ranks behind:

1/College football
    2/NFL
    3/NASCAR
    4/High school football
    5/Golf
    6/High school soccer
    7/NHL

In a month, 7/ will (barely) move ahead of 6/. If the baseball team was worth a shit, it would still be below the NHL. And I'm way, way, way far from Canada.

Draft saved Draft deleted