1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party Time! Michael Vick is free

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 20, 2009.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

How can he? It's not like the Federal penal system rents out videotapes from NFL Films so he can get "special treatment" in Leavenworth.

I have a lot of questions and concerns about "rushing" Vick back. Yes, "rushing" him back because it's supposed to be "good" for him, the teams who may want him, and the fans. How much conditioning did he do in Leavenworth? I don't buy that he's fit to play until I see him handle playing 4 quarters without taking a break.

Second, Mike Florio bought up an interesting point about Whitlock calling the NFL's punishment "double jeporady". "Double jeporady" is when the court can not try a person for a crime a second time. The NFL is not in the jury and convict business. Like any employer, the league will determine how long he'll sit out since he falls under the player conduct rule. If Pac Man's ass had to sit out a year for shooting up a strip club and is inability to stay away from it, how is that looked at more severe than what Vick done?

As a fan, I feel that fans have a bad habit of using "selective justice" when it comes to Pac Man and Vick. We want Vick back in the league now simply because he a freak on the field. Pac Man is an above average DB.

If Vick is reinstated, then he should get, without any hesitation, the same "zero tolerance" edict that Pac Man Jones received. He lied to Blank to his face, lied to Goodell to his face, and didn't show any fucking repentance leading up to the day he was being sentenced. Any coach and GM would love to have him play, but don't expect all 32 owners to feel the same way.

He needs to prove that he's learned from his mistakes "off the field". Doing great "on the field" doesn't mean shit and will not make life better, unless he earn that trust again from those he fucked over and embarrassed.

Draft saved Draft deleted