1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party Time! Michael Vick is free

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Dallas is my bet. Seattle is second. After Tony Romo is finally exposed for being a fraud and Matt Hasselbeck implodes by Week 5, Michael Vick will look pretty damn good.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What happened to Vick was wrong? WTF?

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is Daniel Snyder's kind of toy.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Didn't the Niners already say no? But boy, that'd be a great spot for him. Singletary to keep him in line. And he could play Vick just about anywhere, including QB, where they have who, Shaun Hill? Niners would be an ideal fit, I think.

I'm a Vick fan -- on the field. If the Cowboys sign him, I might vomit.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Unlike steady bull-market Al Davis, Jerry is like the Dow Jones when it comes to bringing in miscreants.

Up (the White House era), down (passing on Randy Moss), up (Alonzo Spellman, Demetrius Underwood, Antonio Bryant, the Brothers Hambrick), down (more letting the aforementioned wash themselves out), and up (T.O., Tank Johnson, Pacman). He's now on the down cycle again.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ah. The White House. Just finished Boys Will Be Boys and thought that chapter was fantastic. Totally forgot about all that stuff.

8. Armchair_QB

If the best option for teams in need of QB at midseason is a guy who hasn't taken a snap in an NFL game since 2006 then this league has a serious talent problem.

No fucking way is Michael Vick the answer for team looking for a quarterback. Bring him in and make him your No. 3? Sure. Hand him the keys to the car? Not a fucking chance.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why not wildcat him or make him a WR?

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

In case you haven't noticed Arm, there aren't many great QB's out there in the NFL. Vick may have been gone for two years but once he's in shape, he'll be better than 50-75 per cent of the signal callers in the league. I'm not a big Vick fan but there is no question this guy is a professional football player. I'm willing to bet that the time away may have settled him down into becoming something special to see if given an opportunity.
    Of course I wouldn't let him near my dog, but that's another matter.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

This wildcat or spread offense is nothing new. Mouse Davis had ran it for years with a bunch of midgets at wideout and the points flew. There were those who said the offense couldn't work outdoors, and that was proven to be false.
    Vick isn't a WR or a RB. He's a quarterback. Had he not been imprisoned, no one would be talkin about moving him to another position.

12. Armchair_QB

I want some of what you're smoking.

Draft saved Draft deleted