1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Party Time! Michael Vick is free

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What Would GB (Hack) Do?

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Fazoli's is a chain of Italian fast casual restaurants. The Fazoli’s concept was created in 1988 by Jerrico, then the parent company of Long John Silver’s. Two years later, the concept was sold to Seed Restaurant Group, Inc., also based in Lexington. Currently, there are over 280 company-owned and franchised Fazoli’s Restaurants spanning 30 states.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This from wikipedia:

Boots in idiom

Boots, particularly those worn as protective footwear by workers (work boots) have a reputation for being as hard-wearing as their owners, hence the commonly used simile "tough as old boots".
    One potential fate of a discarded boot is to be used in the construction of a musical instrument known as the "mendoza".
    Tall boots may have a tab, loop or handle at the top known as a bootstrap, allowing one to use fingers or a tool to provide better leverage in getting the boots on. A German legend about a boy lifting himself by his bootstraps into the air, allowing him to fly, has led to the word's metaphorical use in many different contexts, such as "to pull yourself up by your bootstraps."
    To "die with one's boots on" means to die from violence as opposed to from natural causes (to "die in bed"); hence Boot Hill as a popular name for Wild West cemeteries.
    Boot camp a colloquial term for the initial training of new recruits enlisting in a military organization.
    Stormtroopers, skinheads, and other agents of authority or political strongarm tactics are typically referred to by their detractors as "jackbooted thugs," a reference to the tall riding or military-style boot of the Nazi uniform. Authoritarian rule, either by hostile military forces, or by groups of armed intimidators, is imposed by "jackboot tactics."
    The "boot", in British English, Australian English and New Zealand English, refers to the storage area of a car termed the "trunk" in American English.
    To "give someone the boot" means to kick them out (of a job, a club, etc.), either literally or figuratively.
    To "put the boot off" someone's chin.
    "The boot is on the other foot now" means that a situation has become reversed -- a previous victor is now losing, for example.
    "Boot" also became a command in early computing, to mean starting up the computer or putting a program into the memory. It is still used today.
    Wearing "seven-league boots" references a classic children's fairy tale and indicates that a person or company can cover great distances, figuratively or literally, in a single stride.
    Boots may also be use as a beer drinking device which one will fill up the boot and drink from it. The most recent notable boot use in the 2006 movie Beerfest using a glass yard with a boot shaped bulb at the end known as "Das Boot", a reference to the 1981 movie, Das Boot, although "Das Boot" means "The Boat," not "The Boot."
    To "shake in one's boots" means to be very frightened, and is mostly used sarcastically.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

So what you're saying is Fazoli's is not really and Italian restaurant.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No, it are not

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Release the hounds!

(Too soon?)

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sam someone did that earlier.
    However, I'm more interested in PETA. No telling what those nutjobs have in store for Vick.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

What happened to Vick was wrong. Many people who have done far worse have suffered far less.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Can't have Vick in the league. Leonard Little, OTOH ...

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I agree that people who have done far worse have suffered less but I don't know what an appropriate punishment would have been. Because others got off lightly does not mean Vick should. I do think at some point he should be allowed to play in the NFL again.

11. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

I hope he gets the chance to play so I can cheer when he falls on his face. Fuck Vick.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Where does he wind up? Oakland is too obvious.

I think it will be the Patriots or Niners.

Draft saved Draft deleted