1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Part-time position at Naperville Sun

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by badger1998, Apr 30, 2007.

1. badger1998

badger1998 New Member

The Naperville Sun, a Sun-Times News Group daily newspaper located about 30 miles west of Chicago and regular APSE, IPA and NINA award-winner, is seeking an energetic and motivated person for a part-time position.

The job is 30 hours/week and is weekday nights and Saturday nights. Part-timer will help with calendar items, youth sports, prep/pro/college roundups, sports wire items as well as assist the night sports editor with any other duties on deadline.

Part-timer will also have the opportunity to cover prep football and other sports as well as write features.

Please email resume and a few clips to Sun Sports Editor Brad Nolan at bnolan@scn1.com

2. badger1998

badger1998 New Member

Just an update - in addition to this clerk position, there's likely to be a full-time staff writer (w/ some desk work) position posted very soon.

We'll try to fill both jobs at the same time.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A friend with whom I played poker in Iowa City, and who got a kidney transplant a few years ago, is from Naperville. Those Iowa City days of the mid-90s were legend. Also in the poker group was my best friend, Naperville Phil's buddy who carried around a 12-gage shotgun, this dude Carlos from the Basque Country, who always claimed to be a Basque terrorist; he was a Spanish-looking version of Willem Dafoe; and this dude from Vancouver. So what does this have to do with the Naperville Sun? Not a damn thing. But the great thing about SJ is the connections it spawns. Seeing Naperville connects me to Iowa City and poker and staying up all night partying in the apartments above the Englert Theater with Phil while blasting Green Day's "Dookie" and Cypress Hill's "I Want to Get High" into the wee hours. Good times.

4. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

It's a little known fact that the City of Naperville has more assholes per capita than any other town in the midwest.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought it was Piper City...

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Nice ...

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Carl's statistics aside, there are some pretty solid preps there. But the parents, whoo, boy.

8. badger1998

badger1998 New Member

Another update - interviews for part-time position will be finishing up next week and decision on hire should come shortly after.

Full-time position likely to be posted sometime in early to mid June.

9. FromTheBlock

FromTheBlock New Member

Just tell me when and my resume is in the mailbox. I'd love to work in the Chicago market.

Draft saved Draft deleted