1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Parks and Recreation," much improved

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

"You shaved your mustache!"
    "It rubbed off...from friction."

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His ex-wife, played by his real wife...

The rumor is that Anna Faris, who is married to Chris Pratt, is also either joining the cast, or showing up for several episodes like Mullaly did.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Been watching the show on Netflix, and halfway through Season 2. My thoughts:

- Ansari almost tries too hard and comes off as annoying and pompous at times
    - Swanson is the best character BY FAR. Just seeing his face makes me lol
    - The supporting cast is very so-so; Rashida Jones' character is just like what she was in The Office, Mark is meh, April doesn't say a lot of funny things
    - Andy is hilarious. He has good comedic timing.

I'm a big Office fan, and this show isn't half of what the Office was in seasons 2 and 3 (which were amazing). It's still a work in progress for me but I already like it better than 30 Rock (which I hated since the beginning).

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If you are halfway through Season 2 then, to me, you are just getting to the point where the show really takes off. The way you described Ansari is more about the character than the actor. I think they do a good job of giving him depth and showing why he acts how he does later in the season.

5. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I understand that. He was a dick up until the Venezuela episode, where I feel he actually showed a human side by giving Leslie the tip money he had received. Good to know it keeps improving...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The whole deal with his "wife" makes his character a lot more likable.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought last week's episode was close to perfect.

"That's one giant mini-horse erection."
    "Blame Jerry! Blame Jerry! Blame Jerry!"

Even got a Jersey Shore dig in with a guy that suspiciously looked like Ronnie tossing around the "grenade" word. Outstanding.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

I've never even seen a promo of this show. Must be on ABC, the only network I never watch.

What is it? It sounds like a reality show of a guy/gal who runs a department and his adventures with out of control local adult softball players/teams and crazed little league parents.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's on NBC.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Yes, that's exactly what it is. Wink Martindale hosts.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Previewing new episodes, hosted by Wink himself:

[flash=200,200]
    [/flash]

[flash=200,200]
    [/flash]

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I watched the Harvest Festival issue on Hulu. It was entertaining. Much better than the first ep I watched however long ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted