1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paris, Texas sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by LarryCathey, Oct 2, 2008.

1. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

Chicken Express is good stuff, my fave is the one in Eastland, Tx. they have Dublin Dr. Pepper on tap

2. jps

jps Active Member

ignore him, larry. we all do. he's so the guy for that.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think all of them have it now.

4. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Yeah you guys know everything, so that's why you were at the Paris News, and how long did you stay Cathey? How long have the one or two guys stayed before you? I think truth speaks a hell of a lot louder than bullshit, so don't get angry at me. I'm sure Paris is such a budding metropolis buddy! I'mjustagirl, have you ever heard of the statement beating a dead horse? If you're going to turn what is a respectable site into a childish spat of back and forth banter w/ the same lame jokes you have been using for months, you should really do it somewhere else. Please JPS, don't ignore me blah!

5. LarryCathey

LarryCathey Member

Pretty sure I never said anything comparing Paris to a booming metropolis. And, sorry, but I call bullshit when I see it. You said Paris doesn't pay OT. I say it does. How's that for truth? I've worked there for a year and I've had overtime on my check 52 times. If you don't like the paper, that's fine. But, don't tell people they won't get paid OT when they certainly will as long as, you know, they're working and not milking the clock. I've heard that was a problem with other people.

6. reporter1

reporter1 Member

I've also heard (and I'm on your side when I say this Cathey) that the sports editor is lazy as hell, and looking on your website it seems you did all the work (no surprise considering the people I've talked to). So whereas you may have been treated OK by your standards, others may have set the bar higher and gotten treated like crap. That said, noticed on the other site you are going to Oregon, so congrats on that. Wasn't trying to pick a fight with you with comments — just speaking the truth.

7. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Wow. Ground all the burrs off that blade edge yet?

8. reporter1

reporter1 Member

Cathey,
    I thought the guys before you were pretty good? One of em won a bunch of awards and stuff didn't he?

Draft saved Draft deleted