1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paris (in the crossbar) Hilton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Paris busted for DUI in Hollywood.

There but for the grace of God go I ...

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Well FB,

But for the grace of god and a full frontal lobotomy. ;D

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You mean you could have been born to a wealthy family and been an irresponsible jet-setting party-goer? Man, you lucked out.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You could have palled around with Nicole Richie, gotten roto-rootered by Matt Leinart and been born with an ass goi...

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, I just noticed I have a cell phone icon next to my post.

Never seen that before.

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

strange. what does it mean? webby? moddy?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The morning DJs had multiple orgasms about this story. Morning radio sucks.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Maybe it means that FB is so addicted to SportsJournalists.com that he posted from his cell phone. ;)

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe it means Bat is giving out his digits.

10. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Paris was not wasted. She had one drink - a margarita, mixed at the table - minutes before getting into her Mercedes on her way to In 'N Out Burger to get something to eat. She had spent the last two days shooting a music video in Long Beach.

Within a block of the charity concert at the Dragonfly is the Hollywood police station and the cops pulled Paris' car over less than ten minutes after this picture was taken.

In an ironic twist of fate....the same police officers that pulled over Stavros Niarchos - her former boyfriend - detained Paris.

They administered a field sobriety test, which she passed. And then she took a breathalizer. She blew a .08.

In California, driving with a .08 blood alcohol level is the minimum level for DUI.

Mel Gibson had almost double that (a .12) when he was arrested earlier this summer.

We hear that the cops told Paris they had to arrest her because they got so much flack for letting Stavros go without arresting him last year, when he was pulled over for drunk driving outside of a Hollywood club.

Paris was cooperative and did not resist arrest or go any tirade.

Her rep, Elliot Mintz, expresses to PerezHilton.com that they understand the severity of the incident and regret it.

Driving under the influence is a misdemeanor.

Police told Paris they had to detain her because of all the paparazzi filming. She was taken to the Hollywood station and released within 15 minutes.

http://www.perezhilton.com/topics/paris_hilton/the_curse_of_firecrotch_20060907.php

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

D_B math: .08 x .08 = .12

12. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I remember reading a Rolling Stone article where Paris swore up and down that she didn't drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted