1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents to school board: Stop, you'll give our kids the gay!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

While I wouldn't encourage a beatdown of any type, I wonder what precipitated the action. Did the kid say something? Was it the child of gay parents that gave this kid a thrashing?

Additionally, the article posted was about as one-sided as it can get. There is tons of inuendo and accusations with little proof.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Saw the replay last night. Stan's dad's face after the first time he said, uh, well you know, was priceless.

As always, plenty of guilty laughs.

"Words are like bullets."

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that the headline in particular on the story is misleading, but something's not right about what happened there beyond just the fact of a 7-year-old taking that kind of beating.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Couldn't make it through the entire story (three consecutive times the site crashed my browser...maybe God hates me?) but I saw nothing to indicate who was responsible for the 7-year-old's beating. A bit shady to even imply what that paper did without having some evidence that that is why the kid was beat down.

Draft saved Draft deleted