1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents to school board: Stop, you'll give our kids the gay!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ellis Redding, Mar 8, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Good point.

But then I'm left to wonder what the hell else this "class" is used for?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hello, Mrs. Hemshmeir's 7th grade class.

I'm Billy and I'm straight.

It's not like I have done it with a girl or anything yet. But I definitely haven't done it with a guy. I don't think doing it by yourself counts that way.

I don't think girls have Cooties or anything like that anymore. But after watching that film in health, I'm not 100 percent about that either.

Any questions?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It was well placed.

4. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Alright then, but surely fundamentalist Christians aren't the majority either, and you could make a case for X, Y, and Z minority groups — it's high school. Do they get to talk about their experiences as well? I know right-wing Christians have been ostracized for their beliefs in some areas too.

I'm in favour of acceptance of all, especially the GLBT crowd, but are there other minorities being marginalized that deserve a similar shake?

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You're right, Red. I remember it like it was yesterday when that poor fundamentalist Christian boy was tied to the back of a hybrid car and dragged down to his death.

Nevermind that the fundies organized their own day of hate and titled it Day of Truth.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Do we give every affected group a chance to speak? Or would it be better to use this forum as a way to make it very very clear that if any individual or group is targeted by others, there will be serious consequences as a result.

Then follow through.

That should silence some of the people who are upset that the school is being used as a gay promotional forum.

7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So when is the Westboro Baptist Church going to pay a visit to Deerfield?

8. You are looking live at the Gay Promotional Forum. Tonight, it's Ottawa and Calgary.

9. Oh my god, that idea is so gay! :D

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The Lexington MA. public schools curriculum now includes teaching about homosexuality to ...........kindergarteners. IMO, thats a bit young to start teaching children about any type of sex. One father requested the school inform parents when these discussions would take place, so he could exclude his son from class on those days, they refused.....and his sons classmates didn't stop there;

"the first-grade son of a prominent pro-family advocate was dragged and beaten behind the Estabrook Elementary School in Lexington during recess, receiving multiple blows to the chest, stomach, and genital area."

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2006/jun/06061410.html

11. Shavlik Randolph approves of this thread.

12. AL, you gotta stop listening to the radio, brother.
    The Lexington schools don't "teach homosexuality." It's not gym class. There is a curriculum in place that tells kids that there is no difference between them and their classmates who are being raised by gay couples, and that the kid with two mommies or two daddies is nothing to be afraid of.

Draft saved Draft deleted