1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parents of toddlers alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I probably overstated in saying Tom & Jerry is banned, but after watching the mellowed-out fare on Noggin, they get confused when they see Tom getting set on fire or why Jerry is beating his ass with a rake.

I know Tom & Jerry won't warp them, but I don't see any reason to feed that confusion as to why both are them are fighting. I just change the channel to something else.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Holy crap!

Little Einsteins is on right now and my 5-year-old daughter just watched a part where they showed some music notes on the screen. she then walked over to the piano and played it. :eek:

I think I'll let them watch Little Einsteins more often.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Actually, Calliou did get caught up in a bloody and messy accident. The 17-year-old French Canadian girl who provided his voice died in a car wreck about three years ago.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Maybe they can get Melanie from PBS Sprout to replace her. I understand she's looking for work.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Eh, don't worry about it. I know I'm extra careful about any violence, no matter how silly it is, that my little one sees. One phone call from school that she's hitting other kids will do that. If they think hitting is funny, that's never a good thing.

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm actually more concerned about the shows that teach kids that talking back rudely to parents, teachers and other authority figures is a cool way to behave.

I've blocked several shows on our cable receiver just because I don't think they provide a good example for kids. I try to limit how much TV they watch as it is, I'd just as soon not let that TV be full of foul-mouthed, arrogant, disrespectful kids.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

Don't take them to see Ricky Bobby.
    Although they do straighten up at the end.

Draft saved Draft deleted