1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Parenting and education

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DietCoke, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

This might be the most appropriate and least surprising post EVAH!!!! in the complete SJ.com history.

2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

He's in the NHL, right? :D

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm reading the Hobbit to my 5-year-old now. I worry that some of it might be a little scary for him, but he says he loves it so far. He wants me to read it more all the time.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One of my most vivid memories of elementary school was our second-grade teacher reading Charlotte's Web and seeing her cry when Charlotte died. (sorry, spoiler alert!)

My eyes may have been a bit dusty, too.

Then, I cried during Toy Story III.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

@DietCoke Re: the original post.

Your post reminded me of a story my mom used to tell, which I had forgotten about. When I was a little older than your son, they gave us a standardized test at school. It was the number 2 pencil / fill in the bubbles type of test.

Apparently I didn't feel like taking a test that day, so I made diagonal patterns up and down the sheet by filling in bubbles. When the scores came in, I was near the bottom percentile -- I had done so poorly that even random guesses should have gotten a better score.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It's called unlucky and didn't know it.

Some teachers will tel students to try and miss every question, and most cannot because you have to know the right answer to be sure you are picking the wrong answer.

Draft saved Draft deleted