1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papelbon throws some high cheese at Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon compares Manny Ramirez to cancer in an Esquire article:

And the link to the whole article, by SportsJournalists.com favorite Chris Jones:
    http://www.esquire.com/features/the-game/jonathan-papelbon-0409

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Jason Bay.... "average outfielder"

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dude, but he plays the game the "right way." Of course, it doesn't matter that he doesn't produce like Manny, just that he plays it the "right way."

Whatever the hell that means.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but does he play it righter than Eckstein? No way.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Just like Schilling, Papelbon just doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

[kissing butt] I thought that was a really great story by SportsJournalists.com's own Chris Jones.[/kissing butt]

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

But dude, Gola, who DOES produce like Manny? Nobody. But Bay produces pretty well, hell I think (without looking it up) that he went 31-101 between both the Pirates and Red Sox. I bet the slight decline in production from Manny to Jason Bay is worth it when you get rid of a headache that manny seems to have been to the Sox inside the clubhouse.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Why? He told the truth. Is there anyone on Manny's side on this outside of his immediate family and his agent?

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Clubhouse harmony apparently = better winning percentage. Red Sox win pct before the trade ... .571. After, .620.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Fuck Papelbon and the rest of the goddamn Red Sox.

11. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

No, Papelbon is exactly right. But it's just stuff like this where I'd rather Papelbon just be the Sox's closer and keep quiet. Manny is gone. No need to dig up the past.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You sure that didn't have to do with an easier schedule? Aside from two series with the Yankees and two with the Rays in the final two months, it looked like a favorable schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted