1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Papa Johns LeBron-priced pizzas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TwoGloves, May 8, 2008.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Didn't see this elsewhere. Anybody hear about the Papa Johns/LeBron James controversy? I guess they hurt LeBron's feelings and the folks in Ohio when they gave away T-shirts with No. 23 and "Crybaby" on the back in Washington. People in Ohio threatened to boycott so today in central Ohio you can get a pizza for 23 cents. My buddy who lives there just called me and said some people are standing in line for hours to get a free freaking pizza. It's like the morons around the corner from my house who are lined up for gas when the station next door has vacant pumps for two cents more per gallon.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/05/papa-johns-lebron-james-crybaby-shirt-controversy-means-cheap-pizza-for-clevelanders.html

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I got my free pizza, but the delivery guy wasn't very polite about it.[/chef]

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Don't you have pedophiles to track down?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

5. TwoGloves

Heard on the radio that some outlets closed early and that police were called to others.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Is this going on in central Ohio, too? Becuause Cleveland isn't eactly central ohio, and I'm just wondering how far they spread it. I'd be all over some 23-cent pizza if I was there.

7. hachat11

hachat11 Member

It was going on in central Ohio. The local Papa Johns in these parts closed at like 4 p.m. after it ran out of pizza.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Amazing.

9. chester

chester Member

Yeah, they extended it essentially from Youngstown to Toledo and from Cleveland to Columbus. I guess they consider that "Cavs Country".

10. TwoGloves

My buddy lives not far from Cleveland. Said it was going on in his neck of the woods. But you can't order online. Either in person or over the phone, I believe. Offer is good until 10 p.m.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Columbus, Cincy, and Toledo as well.

And believe me, it was ALL people were talking about today. Three-hour lines for this shit.

12. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

Correction to the original post: LeBron never said Word One about Haywood's "Crybaby" comments or the T-shirts.

But hey, what do facts matter?

And, as TSP said, it's all folks here talked about.

More linkage:
    http://www.cleveland.com/news/photos/gallery.ssf?cgi-bin/view_gallery.cgi/cleve/view_gallery.ata?g_id=9003

http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20080508/FREE/674358384/1099

Draft saved Draft deleted