1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pam Ward

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by highlander, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I think some people might consider the way you started this thread to be bad form.

This is a sports journalism forum. Your comments reek of 'fanboi' or blog. Some people here know Pam Ward and have worked with her. To see her name on Sports and News, I'm sure some of us thought something had happened to her. And then for it to be some unimportant "viewer comment" seems kind of lame.

There is an element to this forum of "act like you've been there."

As for my suggestion that people record themselves... I've done it, and it gave me a new appreciation for those who can make a living at the art of p x p.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Oh, I agree on that point. Whenever I play back an interview on my digital recorder, I want to rip out my inner ear when I hear myself ask a question.

But my inadequacies have nothing to do with whether or not Johe Bloe is a successful play-by-play broadcaster.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

4. Trouser_Buddah

Congrats on finally getting to use today's Word of the Day.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

True. I'm simply trying to get people to see the human side of this. Or, see it from another point of view.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Fair enough. :)

7. dooley_womack1

I had a history teacher who used it all the time, so it haunts me and must be unleashed from time to time.

8. Trouser_Buddah

I'm the same way with intransigent.

9. dooley_womack1

That's a good one too. One I hate is fatuous, because some loser teaching assistant used it all the time.

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

We've got a thread ripping Pam Ward, yet we aren't badmouthing Ray Bentley and Bob Griese?

Those guys are cringe-worthy.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Always thought she was average at worst, and always infinitely better than the color commentator she gets saddled with.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Bentley, yes. Griese will be on the Keith Jackson farewell tour in about the next 3 years.

Juan Pablo Montoya will give him a lifetime certificate to Taco John's as a going away gift.

Draft saved Draft deleted