1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palm Beach Post

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Don Drysdale, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Don Drysdale

Don Drysdale New Member

Any word on a shake-up at the Palm Beach Post? Lots of talk about beat sharing ... Still no new sports editor. Some rumors that someone from the AJC could be headed south.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Did Nick leave?

3. MrBSquared

MrBSquared Member

That's a Cox paper, right? Thought it was one of the "untouchables" -- one not on the auction block? Either way, with the way things are going in Cox these days, expect someone internal to fill in. The epitome of the Peter Principle.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

No, he was promoted.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't they just give it to Tepps? He's very good.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I've wondered that myself. No good answers come to mind.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Frank, and my sources could be wrong so don't hold me to it, that he may not be particularly interested in the position.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's not on the auction block, but it's not untouchable in the sense that Dayton and Atlanta are. The Cox family trust won't allow the sale of those two. There's no such prohibition for Palm Beach. But it is untouchable in the sense of who the fuck would want to buy the thing.

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Maybe they'd consider hiring back Mike Persinger? Does anyone know if he got a new job?

10. Loved my time in Palm Beach, just when the Post was becoming a big-time player. Still miss those days when I'd have the Post, the Herald and the Sun-Sentinel on the porch every morning. But I'm still sports editor in Charlotte, so I'm set. It's an honor to have my name brought up, though, in the same thread with Nick and Tim.

11. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Drip, my hunch is kind of in line with yours. I know Tepps a little - not well enough to know his thoughts on this job - and he seemed pretty content with what he's doing already. As far as other internals go, I'm not sure who else they'll turn to for Nick's spot. Are Jim Coleman and Chris Burt still there?

Draft saved Draft deleted