1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palin - Rice '87

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Sep 14, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm very interested. If Obama slept with a basketball star, I want to know about it right now.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Also, somebody should check into who Roy Marble & B.J. Armstrong hooked up with during the '86 tournament.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

In all seriousness, when I saw the subject line I fully expected a sex story. I thought she'd had a go with Donna Rice.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Glenn Rice fucked me so good I could see Russia"

5. Maybe he saved himself?

As for Palin ... I didn't know Jungle Fever was contagious in Alaska?
    Sounds like Glen Rice had a guest spot on Sarah Palin's Alaska ... Good thing he didn't the Deadlist Catch from her.

And BFD, really. She wasn't married.
    Is it sensational? Yup. But only because a lot of upright GOPers will balk at a white woman have relations with a black man.
    To me (not that I would vote for this crazy bitch anyway) the bigger deal is the allegation she did drugs and had affair with her husband's business partner.

And honestly, are affairs really that big of a deal anymore?

6. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I thought the thread title meant that a recently discovered diploma has Palin as an alum of Houston's Rice University, class of 1987.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet he slept with someone when he was at Harvard who is notable today... Let us be the judge... :D

I'm not a Palin fan and I love this story/rumor or whatever it is, but it does make me feel a little sorry for her... Not many people, politicians or otherwise, have one of the biggest tabloid-biography writers move in next door while writing a tell-all.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

EEK! Big hair!

9. Mizzougrad96

I don't think the drugs are a big issue. It was a long time ago... I'd bet money that 75 percent of the presidential candidates have done drugs at some point during their lives...

I agree that the rumored affair with her husband's business partner is a much, much bigger deal than the Rice rumor, but it's not as tawdry.

10. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is it really a big deal or are we just amused by the sheer randomness of it?

Chris Webber tried to take time out a few years later for Palin but it didn't work.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not after Bill Clinton Presidency

12. Mizzougrad96

Imagine if SNL still had balls?

Draft saved Draft deleted