1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palin - Rice '87

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Azrael, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Obama slept with Jackie Joyner Kersee or whoever 25 years ago, sure there would be interest. But you're the only one bringing Obama into this. Truly carrying water right now.

Everyone else is just throwing jokes out there. No one else is "shocked." Plenty are amused though.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That is possibly the most naive statement ever made on this forum. You come up Obama having sex with a somewhat famous person 25 years ago, and we'll have all the lurid interest you can imagine.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is this completely sexist? Absolutely...

Especially since we have heard the same cocaine rumors about Obama and I can't ever remember reading about any of his personal relationships prior to him meeting Michelle.

This is great tabloid-level trash. We love this stuff.

Now, I want McGinnis to move next door to a democrat and find out what dirt is out there on them...

I'm guessing there are very few people who don't have something in their past that they really wouldn't want to get out there...

4. RickStain

"The iditarod is a biggie but it's not the only mushing going on."

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was kind of interesting that not a word (at least not that I've seen) has ever been written about any of Obama's previous relationships...

The same cannot be said about either Bush, Reagan, Clinton, Gore, Kerry ...

6. RickStain

That's because they were all in Kenya and Indonesia. Hard to dig up the dirt now.

Although I do remember something about a guy who claimed to have had sex with Obama in a limo.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What news organizations have the resources to send reporters to Kenya?

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This answers another question I had. Todd Palin, was not in fact, the first dude.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There's no interest in investigating his sex life. And, there shouldn't be.

That's the point.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sean Elliott, Sherman Douglas, Gary Grant and Derrick Coleman want to know what made Glen Rice so special.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One difference: Obama admitted and explained his past drug use. Even Michael Medved threw up his hands in 2007 and said Obama's admission would probably make no difference, particularly because so many pols had admitted past drug use.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/BothSidesAllSides/story?id=2773754&page=1

And unless, say, Charlene Tilton comes forward and present Obama's 30-year-old love child, there probably won't be interest in Obama's past relationships, because they'll be no one anybody's heard of.

With Palin, it's also that so much is unknown about her. I can't think of another major-party vice presidential candidate who came out of nowhere like she has, and who even after a campaign is still such an unknown. If she hadn't flirted with running for president, I don't know that anybody would give a shit now.

Finally, whenever a politician makes such a big deal about being a family-and-God person, it practically invites scrutiny to see if they're being sincere. Thing is, Palin could have made all this part of her narrative, into a redemptive story of how family, God and the Tea Party turned away from sinful living, and people would have loved her for it.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, I LOVE YOU ALL for this thread!

Draft saved Draft deleted