1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging poindexter, hondo, et al

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Nov 21, 2006.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, it is common knowledge that prayer is a big part of the process before certain missions that involve bombings or terrorist acts.

Look, we all have had to make allowances in this day and age. Our situation is that we have to show up for a flight three hours early, undergo searches just short of the body cavities, have the luggage torn apart and stand in a very large chamber that blows air around your body.

I think people dressed as imams could do their part and not conduct their version of praying openly, in public and a few feet away from the door to a airline gate. I think Allah would understand if they just say quietly, closed their eyes and had a quick chat.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Call me up. I'll bring my weapon of choice and we can go to town on some ornate office. I hope it's Delta.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You just confirmed it Hondo. You really are fucking stupid.
    So now prayer is equal to the pending commission of a terror attack...and since we're "making allowances" people should stop praying at airports, even if they're terrified about flying?

Sometimes it's hard to believe the freedoms veterans like me fought to preserve are turned around and used for such hateful and mindless purposes like you're spouting. It's the price we pay, but it still sucks.

4. I know we have some people over here who are most likely planning future attacks, however, i wish that all of you could have the experience of living among as many Muslims as i do. Muslims are part of my everyday life, from coworkers to the people i ride the tube with, i can't go more than a few minutes without coming into contact with them. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world--most Muslims, like most people in general, are kind and decent people who are disgusted by what some people do in the name of their religion. The fact that Muslims can be kicked off a plane simply for acting Muslim is very un-American and the chickenshit passengers as well as the airline should be ashamed.

rant over....

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's the hatred and vitriol and implied racism that Hondo and others bring. They'll insist it's not racism, then make idiot arguments about "Christian's don't chop the heads off of school girls, etc." The simple fact is, Hondo is spewing racism and hatred when he writes this. There's no way around it and no argument he could possibly make to the contrary.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think hondo has a good point.

Face it, Muslim-looking and -acting people are kinda scary. Especially around airports.

If they insist on flying, maybe we could force them to pay for plastic surgery so that they look less "Arab" and unnerving to fellow passengers.

It would help the economy, the struggling airlines and lower anxiety levels among real Americans.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination or is Hondo approaching Trounced levels of dumbness?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Y'know, I enjoy debating issues with Hondo, when it's a reasoned argument.

But when it's hatred and racism, I can't deal with that. I just can't.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, they don't.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Don't hate anyone. Not a racist.

And if you think you can go into the airport in Saudi Arabia and start reciting the Lord's Prayer without more serious repurcussions than just getting pulled off a flight, you're very naive.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Like I said...No argument to the contrary.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hondo, we're not talking about going to Saudi Arabia and praying Christian prayers you moron. I have no plans or need to go to f-ing Saudi Arabia so your mentioning it comes off like a five-year-old asking "But what if..." about 50 times.

This is America and there's absolutely nothing wrong with someone praying in the waiting area of a friggin' airport. For you to mention otherwise makes you sound like a racist, no matter how much denying you do.

And how many racists will actually admit they're racist? "I don't hate black people, I just think most criminals are black." "I don't hate Muslims, I just don't understand why they all want to kill us."

You're a racist.

Draft saved Draft deleted