1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paging creamora... Patrick Arnold says Victor Conte is full of it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Actually, he said under oath that he was rubbing what he thought was -- or, what he was told was -- flaxseed oil on his legs. Which is why the Feds are having to bust so much rock to get an indictment.
    I'd rather be careful on this than simply take the word of a convicted felon who tells Bob Costas what Costas so desperately wants to hear.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nope, you're free to look at this in its totality and say, "He's a convicted felon. And because of that I won't believe a word he's saying."

I have looked at it in its totality and find what he said way more believable than what Victor Conte or Gary Sheffield or Barry Bonds have to say.

That has nothing to do with whether anyone puts him under oath; or for whatever reason you want to put him under oath. I don't even understand why legal preceedings are the end-all for some people about just getting the simple truth that Barry Bonds used performance-enhancing drugs out in the open--without people lying about it or looking for every reason to deny the obvious.

It is what it is. And that is all Patrick Arnold seemed to be saying.

I still love you Fenian ... and not just because I think I might be able to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge ;)

3. Yeah, I'm the naive one.
    As opposed to the mature, worldwise EVERYBODY KNOWS school of journalism.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

As long as you remember it next time I am rounding a posse. You know, we have lots of witches to catch, and we heard there is one living in your neighborhood.

That's how Barry Bonds ended up in his mess, too.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

my question for any person who says bonds never used massive PEDs (or might not have) is: why is the anderson chap still serving time in prison? why?

if bonds didn't have anything to hide, why would anderson?

6. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I say we just get Russ Springer all 'roided up and have him pitch to Bonds anytime that lying, self-serving, egotistical piece of dogshit comes up to bat.

Without the elbow guard.

Without the helmet.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Didn't he say that he rubbed the cream on his legs and the clear, he orally took, was flaxseed oil?

And isn't it also true that both Bonds and Sheffield admitted to taking steroids, but denied knowingly taking steroids?

Draft saved Draft deleted