1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pacman Jones suspended for the season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They probably are different. No one wants to replicate the Jail Blazers in their own town. But steroids, that one man trying to cheat the sport on the field ... no harm done to the community, per say.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

As Smokey and Craig would say "Daaaammmmnnn!"

Nice job Roger. Very good job!

The NFL policy is soft. Remember when Fredo said five years ago that all of the major sports need to eradicate it, and Upshaw got pissed after hearing that? Several weeks later, several Raiders got busted for using steroids. Merriman got four games, but I can tell you he should had to sit for the duration of the year.

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Here's my thing, and I may be reading it wrong, but isn't this conduct policy new? So, things they did in the past shouldn't merit discipline based on a policy that just started. Kind of like a grandfather clause or something. Or am I just reading it all wrong?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If you're the reason for the new policy, then you probably don't deserve that grandfather clause.

5. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I see that part of it for sure, which was why I kind of littered my post with doubt.

Thanks...

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Chris Mortensen is saying that Jones could possibly apply for reinstatement after 10 games.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You can’t seriously believe that, can you?

8. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

You probably don't. But it's still a new policy. if they come up with a new policy today, how do you punish me for the shit I did months ago?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They would have punished him for making it rain regardless. And then there's the issue of not reporting two or three arrests to the league, which -- if I've read right -- he's required to do under league rules.

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Kind of like McGwire with Andro, no?

11. nowhat

nowhat New Member

you have to start somewhere, and what two idiots to better start with

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The NFLPA's reaction will be a story by itself. Pretty hard to defend a guy after you've just spent weeks discussing the need for tougher penalities and forming a player advisory committee with the league.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.