1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers to Rodgers: Well, not so fast...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by armageddon, Aug 3, 2008.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

If it's true, tough break for Garcia. This guy's been a nomad for the last 5-6 years, he finally lands on a team where he's a good fit, leads them to a division title, goes to the Pro Bowl, and then. . .loses his job.

Again, if it happens, I would think the Bucs would have to trade Garcia to avoid any locker room troubles. They have Brian Griese (yawn) as a veteran backup and he knows the offense.

wild wacky stuff

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm still stunned the Bears didn't make a run at Garcia after they went to the Super Bowl...

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They finally might make a run at Garcia if he gets cut now.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing they'll trade Garcia since it appears the Vikings and Bears would both be interested.

I want to see this Favre trade actually get closed. Right now it appears the Jets are heavily in the mix...

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yeah, i understand the jets just might pull the trigger.

not a damn thing gets by you big city columbia guys.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Per the Journal Sentinel: Favre to the Jets. (Also confirmed by AJC.)

Let the fun begin. I'm going to have fun watching whether Rodgers can stand up to the pressure and if Favre can take the NY media.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Fuck Fuck fuck

I don't care where he was traded, just that they decided to pull the fucking trigger now. Was down to the fucking scoreboard and now I have to go back and redesign pages and pull stories.
    fuck

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I was driving home after sending it through when I got the news. After a brief conference with the powers-that-be, we decided we would leave the story (which was cut down and said that Gruden refused to comment on the situation) rather than re-doing anything.

9. Hey, not only am I not gay, my wife is an ex-Playmate! How do you like that??

Draft saved Draft deleted