1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Packers Release Injured Nick Collins...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 25, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That goes along with what I'm trying to say and probably splits the middle better than I did.

But safety is overrated in the minds of fans. We see a lot of highlights where they are the last line of defense and either do or don't make a play, but I think most NFL people would say there isn't a whole lot of difference in game outcome when you have a good or bad one anyway. How long did people think Roy Williams (Cowboys) was great? And he sucked. This certainly isn't a place where teams are going to choose to overspend the cap slot.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Healthy, he's one of the best safeties in the league.

3. "But safety is overrated in the minds of fans. We see a lot of highlights where they are the last line of defense and either do or don't make a play, but I think most NFL people would say there isn't a whole lot of difference in game outcome when you have a good or bad one anyway. How long did people think Roy Williams (Cowboys) was great? And he sucked. This certainly isn't a place where teams are going to choose to overspend the cap slot.
    [/quote]

That's starting to change as TEs turn into uncoverable freaks of nature.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This. 1,000 times this.

Draft saved Draft deleted